| || |
Automation Challenges (for WPF objects) in Windows 7 / 64 Bit Operating System
We encountered the following challenge during the automation POC of an internal Application. We need your view on this.
WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation) objects are not getting identified while executing the BPTs from ALM in Windows 7/ 64 Bit Operating System.
· Windows 7-64 Bit OS
· Memory: 2 GB
· Tool Name: QTP (Quick Test Professional); Version – 11.0
· Add-In – WEB, .NET, JAVA, WPF (Silverlight)
· Application Life cycle management (ALM)
· Version: 11.0
· QTPNET_00127 (Couldn’t get installed; throws exception)
1. application has been developing using .NET (WPF) and Telerik (Third party Utility) for which QTP does not have any direct Add-ins.
2. Automated BPTs have been running fine in Windows XP 32 bit OS.
3. If you run individual scipted compoenent directly from QTP, it executes fine in Win 7 -64 bit OS. But when you execute BPT s from ALM ,it failes to identify objects.
Thanks in advance.