Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Tesing Master Data Management Solutions - useful links

Hello,

We have just started scoping out an MDM solution and I have been assigned as Test Analyst. The solution will include a tool for match/merge/synching back to the source systems, and will be supplied by a vendor.

I've had a look on the internet for some useful information relating to the ideal testing approach and unfortunately there isn't much information available. Has anyone worked as a tester on [COTS] a MDM project before, and if so, do you have any useful links that would help provide a steer on where to focus my efforts?

I've managed to find the following information on where to focus my testing, however this is fairly light:-

 Information security including data access, availability, integrity etc
     Transformation logic
     Data extractions from source systems
     Data loads into target systems
     Work flow/business process configurations and executions
     Data cleansing and enrichment
     Data model validation and trace back to business processes and data requirements
     Data synchronisation with upstream and downstream systems

Which of the above presents the highest area of risk? My initial feeling is the integration layer between source and MDM hub as this is where the new code (defects) will reside, however others a suggesting we should concentrate more on the generation of test data/testing of this master data is correct and meets the requirements established for the project.

Any comments/links/voices of experience are more than welcome!

Thanks in advance
    W
    Last edited by WilburGHA; 05-08-2013 at 01:53 AM.