Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I wouldn't recommend testlink for large organizations. I've used it in the past and they have flat table structure that joins on itself, which causes it to get slower with each new sub category you create.

TestRail works well for simple needs. I've implemented it as about 1/2 a dozen organizations. Some stuff I like about it is the pricing and is fairly easy to use. Some things I hate about it is the reports arn't that good and it's hard data mine. For example, I wanted to feed the data to get insights on which testers wrote best test cases (in amount of residual bugs identified). I ended up having to write a REST API to export the data then using a more expensive BI tool to do the reporting. The pricing is nice because it is simple, and low enough to justify purchasing without doing employee efficiency calculation. (cheaper than excel licenses)
    David Lai
    SDET / Consultant
    LinkedIn profile

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by cmeisenzahl View Post
    Do any of you guys have experience of knowledge of a good replacement for HPs Quality Center? Weve been using that here for a long time but are open to something else if it could save us a lot of money. Interested in both payware and open-source/freeware.

The two main features we use are test case management and bug tracking, not much of the other features.

Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks very much in advance,
    Chris
    Hi Chris,

I am working in software testing company that provides functional testing services. Based on my experience from past projects, I would like to recommend Jira for "Bug Tracking", "Test case Management" and "Project Management" functions.

Note:- For managing the test cases we need to add Zephyr add-on in Jira

I hope i answer your question.

Thanks
    Vishal

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I would recommend TFS and rich in features as well.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Palani.
    http://tips-testing.blogspot.com/index.html
    Quote: Dont hesitate to initiate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Blog Entries
    I appreciate the information on the ALM replacements. I will recommend these to others who are also looking.
    When in Florida, Don't Tampa with the code. I made this up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12