| || |
Career Counselling in Software Quality Area
I have experienced with the team of QA. Working with since past 1 + years. I have observed following to share. I hope you will answer and share your thoughts after:
1)Team size is around 20
2)Then are not career counselled.
3)Rate of Change of job switching is being very high
4)What they doing: They are working in Quality Assurance Department; Came at 10:00 AM and start testing. Fix live issue after collaboration with Dev teams. Same Domain and Same way of testing(Manual). No proper planning even they cant plan more than a week and weekly plan is not assured. it changed as well.
5) Report their live and local issue statuses with their TLs or management
6)No Automation , No proper processing and Pple continuously Coming and leaving after not more than couple of years.
Question: What should i suggest that team for Career Counselling in QA?
What can they do apart from Testing?
Can you please share how to keep them motivated and let them feel the real sense of Quality Assurance!!
There are multiple things can be done , But which and HOW.
Kindly share your thoughts.
Re: Career Counselling in Software Quality Area
Hi Waseem. I've managed a small team but nothing as big as yours. I've however been in a team of 20 and I know some of the things my manager did.
A couple of questions for you first:
1) Are people appreciated for what they do or noticed for the mistakes they make?
2) Why are people in your team testers? Is it for the money? Something to do? Because they think it would be easy?
3) What is the skill level of the people in your team? Are they being challenged?
4) Do people have a say in how things are done or are they told what they have to do?
5) Do you know some of the key reasons people are leaving?