Have been reading some good career discussions here. Thought I might pop a Q that has been plaguing me. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
- XII years from a top school (80%+ in all years)
- Did two IT programming diplomas (3 years total). "Not a proper Bachelor's degree"
- Currently about to complete Zend PhP Certification.
- Worked as a Marketing Manager for an MNC (2 years)
- Worked as a Branch head for an Indian IT giant (2 years)
- Started my own IT company, created an overseas customer base and am still the CEO (13 years).
- Marketing and Customer Management: Acquire and Manage international clients
- Staff management: Manage teams of web application developers, SEOs and designers
- Business Strategy, diversification and growth
- Project Management: Supervise building of online tools , complex web-applications and QA
- Expert at online marketing, reputation and online brand management, etc. Have done programming and quality assurance and love it, but do not get much time now.
To work in Canada or USA within maximum 2-3 years time
My IT experience and skill set is varied, so I can handle many responsible positions.
1. What job profile in the IT industry of US or Canada will fit my profile best? For example, Business Analyst, Application Development Manager, Operations / IT Manager etc.
2. I doubt it but is there a chance to get a job abroad on the basis of my diplomas and vast experience but without a Bachelor's degree?
3. Am willing to acquire an important RARE skill / degree. Please suggest what rare skill I can acquire, to enhance my chances of getting a responsible position abroad? For example, PMP to back my PhP-MySQl experience, SAP that requires business acumen as well and builds upon my existing strength, QA etc.