Live Chat Test Strategies and Challenges

We are planning to host/non host(third pary host) based Live chat system and integratiing to our enterprise applications...

I am not clear on the chatting will be 'many-many' relation ship. so that user can answer multiple questios etc. Our is Miscrosoft shop.

Could you please share knowledge on Testing Strategy for validation of Live chat software, challenges, integration issues, tools, recommendations etc..

Thank you all in advance.
    Lottery Tester

Re: Live Chat Test Strategies and Challenges

What kind of chat system are you using? Is it HTML/AJAX based or does it use another technology (such as Flash)?
    Get free Web Testing Add-Ons for IE and Firefox
    My email, iMacros Performance & Regression Web Testing
    Monitor your website in IE, Firefox and Chrome: AlertFox Website Monitoring - full AJAX and Flash applet support.

It is AJAX based.
    Lottery Tester

Since your chat client is AJAX based and running in a browser, you may be able to open several windows (either multiple windows in one browser, or in different browsers that you want to validate) and automate a conversation between them, or between the clients and your enterprise application. I'm guessing that there are a number of different tools that could work in this scenario.

If you need to automate somewhat more realistic scenarios in which the chat clients are on different systems, you could take a look at our product, Eggplant, which can script interactions between multiple systems. I know that we've had customers use it for testing chat applications in the past, and we sometimes script a little chat conversation as a simple demo to show how a script can drive processes across different machines.
    Doug Simons, Principal Developer
    TestPlant, makers of eggPlant, the Cross-Platform GUI Testing Tool