Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Bench marking

Hi All,

Many a time, Managers talk about the word BENCH MARKING.
    How do we define that and hows that realted to testing?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Bench marking

Hi GeeVee,
    Benchmarking is the process of determining who sets the standard and what that standard is. It is done to motivate people to improve toward that goal.Benchmarking is the process of comparing an organization's operations and internal processes against those of other organizations within or outside.

Regards,
    Sandeep

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Sandeep, that is almost perfect, but benchmarks can also be something as simple as a statement in a specification.

For instance, let's say that my specification indicates that my software will run at a maximum of 60 frames per second. If I set the software to the maximum framerate and it does not run at 60 frames per second, but 40 frames per second, then we have a problem. This would be an example of a performance benchmark.

You could set benchmarks for just about anything.
    Brent
    --------------------
    9 out of 10 people I prove wrong agree that I'm right. The other person is my wife.
    --------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

A benchmark can also be a set of conditions already experienced (and accepted) in the past. This would then be the minimum requirement for the future. As such, it would not really be "... done to motivate people to improve toward that goal."

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

This is a technical word which is generally used to companre our company standard with our competetive compnies.
    How we are good company as compare to other companies. How we can do well. And how can we rise in the world of Business. So we need to prove that we are best in each manner in coparison with others.Thats why we can get good projects in future to capitilize companies business.