Bug in app or component
After a long while I have got chance to interact with you all.I have query regarding regarding compatibility testing. I have been testing my app with different browsers (IE/Mozilla/Safari etc). For Safari I am using 3.0.2 which is for windows. Recently an issue was reported with Safari which persists on Safari Mac combination. I just want to know that if we find a defect which doesn't seem to work with only few but works well with remaining then how do we come to the conclusion that bug is in the application and not in the component over which it is being tested upon. What rationale do you guys use in this case.
thanks in advance.
Re: Bug in app or component
While testing the application on the different browser, I could found certain issue regarding the scripting logic errors. And Some issues were related with the GUI, which were perfectly running on the IE 6.
As the customer wanted to run the application on the IE, Mozilla, Opera, the developers need to fixed those issues (They told me they had to check the browser first and then they have written the code as per the browser to solve that problem.) So it can be the “Browser Compatibility” issue.
Now if you are talking about the System Compatibility, then it is possible to completely crash the system on the Linux server because of the case sensitivity in the code. The same application can work perfectly fine on the Windows servers. So it can b the problem of the "System compatibility" also.
Thanks and Regards