Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

User acceptance test plan

Hi All
    I am new to the forum and testing. My company needs a check sheet if you will to confirm functionality from one build of the same software to the next. We get a bunch of staff in to test the new build but it needs to be documented. I dont want to reinvent the wheel has any one got a template that i could use? Or provide a link where i can get this type of template.

In anticipation always

Nibbler

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: User acceptance test plan

Acceptance criteria should include success criteria for:
    a) Functional Requirements -which relate to the business rules that the system must execute
    b) Performance Requirements which relate to operational requirements such as time or resource constraints
    c) Interfacing quality Requirements-which relate to a connection to another component of processing(human/machine-machine/module)
    d) Overall Software Quality requirements ľare those that specify limits for factors or attributes such as reliability, testability, correctness and usability
    - Project description
    - Scope
    - User roles and responsibilities
    - Acceptance criteria
    - Test cases to be executed

Regards

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    I dont want to reinvent the wheel has any one got a template that i could use? Or provide a link where i can get this type of template.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nibbler........first you need to understand the application because different applications have different functionalities. Yes you can have some common checklist for most of the functionality which you can find in abundance in the net......

Did you searched google........
    Here is a link that I think should solve your problem
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&r...amp;btnG=Search
    Regards,
    Supratim.

"Look at all the sentences which seem true and question them."
    http://supratimmodak.blogspot.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Depends on your organization and if you have to sell your software...

We don't, we just develop and use it internally. In our organization (QA small, and still *sigh* starting up), UAT is still quite vital and thus we have to ensure that they test as much scenarios as possible which we might not have been able to cover.

we assist the users in their test script preparation but we barely give them a complete checklist / test script (depends on the capabilities of the user community).

Also, QA tests differently then users... Trust me, the users are able to break the system in ways you might not even dream of (unless you're a perfect SME. Having said that, supratim's comment applies).

If we'd provide the users with complete test scripts or checklists, they'll most likely end up limiting their tests to what they got and thus end up not to test thoroughly enough. Giving them advice only gets them to think theirselves and come up with more ideas, with user ideas.

Acceptance criteria or resources are completely up to them. If they want to test a small modification with 10 users, we (IS, not just QA) let them do that. If they want to go live with a bug not allowing them to trade (or respectively block golive because a color in the header of a report is wrong), we will wonder what drugs they've been taking and try to change their minds but if they don't change their minds, we have to adhere.
    After all, it's their application and we're just providing them with service.

Hope this helps...
    Nobody's perfect.