Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

tool support the creation of a file in database

has anyone used a functional testing tool to test the creation of a file into database in the website.
    i am testing the functionalities of a web site with the testing tools, but when i create a object, a word document for example, in the website, no one of these tools can support this, so could anyone please tell me what i can do, is there such a tool can support this ?

regards

Yinan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: tool support the creation of a file in database

[ QUOTE ]
    no one of these tools can support this

[/ QUOTE ]

What does this mean?
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: tool support the creation of a file in databas

it means "no any of the tools that i used can support this"

in fact, what i want is that the tool can record such a application(create an object, word document par example on siteweb), and i can replay the test recorded.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

What tools did you try? Why did they fail?

Most test automation tools (including the ones which advertise here at SQAForums.com) support record/replay of scripts.

Without knowing the specifics of what didn't work for you and why, it's hard to recommend what you should do.
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Joe,

I use the tool MaxQ and Sahi,

1. MaxQ : when i used it to record the actions in the web site, there was often an error windows marked "connection reset" jumped out, and i didn't do any other things, i do not understand why there is such an error. Finally the script generated by recording doesn't work at all.

2. Sahi : I think i find the reason why Sahi didn't work, as the action was about creating a word document, a blank word document should be launched, so sahi couldn't support this type of action, because when i created the other type of item, i can finish with success.

So i will keep using Sahi as the tool to test our web site functionalities. And if you will, did you meet the same things with MaxQ, could you please tell me why ?

regards,

Yinan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Sorry - I've never used either MaxQ or Sahi.

I have used WinTask, WinRunner, e-Tester, and other tools for functional testing of web sites, and haven't experienced the problems you report.
    Joe Strazzere