Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Beta Testing Feedback

We are doing beta testing and I am trying to come up with the most comprehensive beta report possible. Our process is to meet a specific entrance criteria for beta customer access. Having written contracts in place stating that the customer will have x amount of time to use the product in the beta phase. As the end goal is not to further test the product, but to look at compatability, scalability, and usuability, I am putting together a customer feedback form and would like any feedback.
    Basically, I have it fairly general, and have gotten our PM team involved to determine what they are trying to take from this process.
    If they had their way it would turn into an iterative development process at that time to make everyone happy all the time.
    Seriously, I was just looking for any others experiences. I am comfortable with what I am doing, but am always willing to learn more.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Beta Testing Feedback

Public or Private Beta? If it's private, you have some control - you can tell the testers how to report bugs (under threat of being thrown off the beta team). If it's a public Beta, then I can tell you that however you design the fowm, you'll still get a lot of garbage.

The real question is - what information do YOU need? Our beta asked for build number, serial number (our products can be run in demo mode, but we largely ignored reports from people who were not licensed users of the released version of the product and a few other things. There was a field to describe the problem (of course), and that's about the only thing that I would speculate that EVERYONE has to include.