Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to handle the projects when it is incomplete, no apt specifications and buggy.

Hi pals
    Recently v have received a new project which is developed on VB.V work on remote desktop environment.V did not receive any requirements about this project, only on a module v have received xl sheet mentioning fields and its impact.Our p.m as said to continue writing tc's for other modules. For which i have tried doing usability testing.
    Most of the times system is throwing Run-time exception .V r unable to proceed with other and further scenarios.
    How to handle such situation.
    I hope my query is clear.
    Please let me know incase this sounds unclear.
    Thanks in advance
    latha

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to handle the projects when it is incomplete, no apt specifications and buggy.

Hi Latha,

I think the Run-time exception which you got is show stopper. First report those Bugs and ask the development team to fix it.
    Try to find some work around and continue your work.
    With Best Regards
    Yuva

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to handle the projects when it is incomplete, no apt specifications and buggy.

Originally posted by latha_96084:
    Most of the times system is throwing Run-time exception .V r unable to proceed with other and further scenarios.
    How to handle such situation.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">1) Ask for a new build which corrects the run-time errors.

2) Ask for a new keyboard. The one you use now seems to be outputting "v" every time you type "we". This is very odd and could cause lots of problems in your testing, and/or result in unreadable Bug Reports.
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

3) Get some responsible and caring people to step up and require the development team to conduct unit and unit-integration testing.
    4) It is a bit late for usability testing.
    5) Inform your PM that it appears the project is out of control.

Is this a CMM-L5 company?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi friends,
    Sorry i used 'V' in hurry.What we did was prepared clarification document on modules and submodules.We did not mention anything about Run-time bugs.
    Ours is a third party company.Our client is from U.S. We follow their defined process and standard,Plan Do Check Act(PDCA).I when informed about the run-time errors to my P.M he said to report the bugs.
    I got confused because they have said to prepare a clarification document and at initial stage of application that to without having a proper approach how bugs could be reported.
    We have posted the clarification document.
    Immediately after receiving the reply i will mail u friends.
    Thanks and Regs
    Latha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Latha,

I suggest you people to do a Smoke Test and sent the report to the client immediately
    With Best Regards
    Yuva