Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to write Testcases

For Find and replace which functinality provide by Word. How much test cases we can write and what are those

Re: How to write Testcases

Thanks for this. I know How to write testcases. But I want exact testcases on this functinality.

Perhaps if you list the cases you can come up with, we can provide additional suggestions.

Thanks to all who give me tips.
    I have write testcases like.
    1.Keeping any one of textbox blank and press replace button.
    2.Input in a find field, such a word which is not exist in scrip/document and press Replace button
    3.Maximum data in both find and replace field and press repalce button.
    4. Click on Cancle button.
    Any one add more testcases in this

A few possible additions
    </font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Replace a single character</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Replace odd characters - @^%&, also non-ASCII character sets if applicable</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Run the same replace several times, without closing the dialog if possible</font>[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Is the replace case-sensitive? You may want cases where you look for "test" but the text in the doc is "TEST"</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">

Thanks PedroG. You help me lots

Hey JP,

I tried doing a search using "find and replace" and simply "replace." Looking through the results for the Functional and General forums, I didn't see anything that appeared to be useful. One possibility is that the info was there, but the threads had less-than-useful titles. Out of curiosity, what search would you use, and in which forums would you look?

St. Louis - Year 2025

Based upon the poster's original question, it seems a generic steer might have been fruitful. To that end, a search using "test case" flushed out 300 posts. A handful of the key posts:

To me, it doesn't take much to pattern the "find replace" cases after these examples. Some side benefits that the poster reaps:
    1) Knowing how to search for the info
    2) Finding many other instances of cases that will be probably help in the future
    3) Learning by Osmosis
    4) Having a first-hand understanding why topics should follow topic naming conventions.

Ok, it's true they could have gotten a little further on their own. Of course, with their later posting containing the ones they came up with, it appears they put some effort into coming up with testcases before posting.

Perhaps we need a general rule that when someone asks a question, they provide their own thoughts as well, and we can comment on those. Granted, that rule gets added to the "no interview questions", "use the search feature", etc that many seem to ignore [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

New Zealand

I find it hard to believe that this is a real life requirement.
    I could understand a "word" compatability test (e.g. if OS upgrading, seeing if word still works with other custom apps etc - though again, I can't see search and replace being required by this).
    Therefore, this is either an excercise as part of test training, an exam question or an interview question. As such, it is the thinkling behind how to test as opposed to a detailed test case that would be required if skonhare12 is to grow.
    This would be better achieved by a trip to the bookshop/library as opposed to a question on these forums - or going back to the tutor and saying "I'm not getting enough from your course to enable me to answer this question."!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast