0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Progress and testing tools

Hello,
    Our society is developing an ERP for food industry and as usual we
    obviously need to improve our quality…

We spoke with some companies which put in place Mercury and the feedback is not as good as we expected!!

So we are looking for "Progress" companies who got some experience with these tools.

What kind of difficulties did you have especially about Progress?

Our environment:
    Progress 9.1D
    50 users and growing.
    Client server mode + Character mode.

Best Regards.
    Arnaud DECLOCHEZ (sv1@vif.tm.fr)
    Thanks & Regards
    Arnaud.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Progress and testing tools

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

One of the problems I have is that Winrunner scripts, written for the previous version of my application, does not work properly when regression tested on the new version of my application is done. Even when there are no
    changes to a screen, Winrunner cannot find the objects in their original locations. That is, scripts are recorded with specific object
    attributes, but when the script is executed in the new version the attributes for the same objects are different, therefore the scripts
    fail to run. An engineer from Winrunner claims that the object properties/attributes are changing because our screens are designed
    with frames laying on top of frames and we were told these objects have to have unique identifications in Progress before winrunner can
    make them stable during testing. Which meant that I would have to edit a number of the Progress code to include the unique id's so Winrunner can recognize the objects. Because we have a very large financial system this would be a major task and very costly.

You my email me at pat.gruber@fiserv.com and I can forward you a couple of replies from other Progress/Winrunner users.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Progress and testing tools

Originally posted by adeclochez:
    Hello,
    Our society is developing an ERP for food industry and as usual we
    obviously need to improve our quality…

We spoke with some companies which put in place Mercury and the feedback is not as good as we expected!!

So we are looking for "Progress" companies who got some experience with these tools.

What kind of difficulties did you have especially about Progress?

Our environment:
    Progress 9.1D
    50 users and growing.
    Client server mode + Character mode.

Best Regards.
    Arnaud DECLOCHEZ (sv1@vif.tm.fr)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">I'm closing this note since you've double posted.
    Please move to the GENERAL forum to continue this conversation.
    Jean James
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    I deliver what I promise, and I only promise what I can deliver.
    ------------------------------------------------------------