Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Is there a difference between STP for new project and STP for a new release

I am in the process of writing templates for QA purposes.
    The most common one is of course an STP.
    I have already wrote one from several templates that I have collected. However I am facing a problem that you might have a simple solution for me.
    The STP template should cover 2 aspects. [1] test plan for new project [2] Test plan for a new release ( this is usually a subset of No. 1 )

Now I have several questions:

1. Does the name STP refer to both aspecs that I mentioned above ? meaning test plan for a new release is called STP or something else???

2. Is it right to create one template for both aspects or shall I create 2 different templates ??as there is a slight diffrent between them.

3. According to QA methodology what is the right thing to do ?

I would appreciate your prompt response.

Limor Yaakov.
    QA Manager

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Is there a difference between STP for new project and STP for a new release

Limor,

You will be performing system testing on both types of projects, therefore one basic STP template should be fine.

You are not obligated to fill in every field, if all of the information is not applicable (or useful to the team), nor are you prohibited from adding sections that are pertinent to certain projects. A template should just be a guideline.

- Linda

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Is there a difference between STP for new project and STP for a new release

Limor

The major difference will come on the impact of the new requirements in the existing application. You should develop an Impact Analysis Checklist which should bring out the impact of the additional/enhanced requirements in the application. The areas impacted should be revisited for revision/review of test cases and scripts.

If you identify the impacted areas, then you have apply all your regular processes for performing the testing.

==============================================
    GUNA
    CSQA PMP
    QA Project Manager