I need to know how should i go about testing a Lan-based application. I have tested a stand-alone edition. I require a checklist for testing the Lan edition. I also would like to know how will testing an application on LAN differ from that on stand-alone.
In LAN based testing of application you have take case of networking features e.g.
1. Error handling when network is not available
2. Network goes in between.
3. Server is not available.
4. Server is available but too busy.
5. Some rights have been changed on server.
6. Application response time.
7. Application behaviour on different protocols.
8. Security features in transmission of data
9. If restriction is there on maximum client connections then checking that too.
I hope these cases will give you some idea.
"A highly advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature."
A highly advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.