I will clearly explain the question.That is we have been assigned some c++ classes.This has to be tested to derive as many test cases using BlackBox Testing and WhiteBox Testing Techniques.We have to go thro the code to do the same.Is there any procedure to do.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sivasuri: Is there any procedure to be followed to test the class developed by C++.Expecting ur replies.Thanx in advance <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, and there are whole books on this subject, for instance: http://www.qalinks.com/cgi-bin/links/jump.cgi?ID=244
"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature." -Bruce Brown
To test C++ Class
White box Testing:
- Whether the Class is as per the Low Level design Document, it meets the requirement
- What is the return types of the functions.
- Signature of the function. (Parameters of the Function)
- Will all the statements be executed in the class
- Whether the objects created in the class is destroyed.
- Any Interface or Super Class is Used in the Class.
Black Box Testing:
- Give various input parameters. Since u will be knowing the parameters for the functions in the class.
- Return types of the functions involved in the functions.
Thank u guys for giving lightning reply.
Hi Arvind,can u calrify this case.i.e I have one copy constructor.Class name is AAname.The function name is
AA(const AA& b).How many test cases can be written for this function.Expecting ur reply.Thanx in advance