Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Question Missed Front End Build !

Hello,

Recently in a patch release when the sprint was over, patch moved to UAT for a regression test. At the end of regression test, its found that Front End deployment was failed when moved to UAT.

Now that has been corrected and complete patch is moved?

What level of regression needs to be executed again?

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Depends mainly on how controlled your deployment process is, and how well your code merging process is.

For example, if your deployment requires manual file copying. Full regression is needed to make sure each change makes it. If you use packaged deploy, then you just need to verify the piece of code made it by verifying just a few touch points.

On the topic of code merging. This is complicated. You'll have look at the following..
    1. Is the code change isolated? -- if it's merged with some other code changes, you'll need to also test around those boundaries as well.
    2. Is the code change exactly the same? Was the patch applied not the same as the production version of that same code?
    3. Was the patch applied to a rebase or a merge? A rebase is safer, however you have to retest around the patch. If it's a merge, you'll have to retest everything done from the branch point to when the branch is merged.
    David Lai
    SDET / Consultant
    LinkedIn profile

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi Niteshnegi,

I am working in a Software testing company where we provide qa services. So, as per a QA, complete regression depends on which feature has been released to UAT and accordingly we decide whether a smoke or a regression is required:

1. If a patch includes only the bug fixes, then simple smoke is enough.
    2. If a patch includes a new feature i.e. let’s say we have 02 modules (“Login” and “Dashboard”) under one application and new feature is implemented under “Dashboard” module but not under “Login”, then in this case complete regression suite will be executed as below:
    - On 1st phase i.e. Staging, complete regression suite (having complete test cases of Login and Dashboard) will be executed.
    - Once the code is deployed to next phase i.e. UAT, then on UAT the regression suite (having end to end test cases of Dashboard Only) will be executed.

I hope my answer gives you more clarity to your question and also let me know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,
    Sumit