Windows 8 compatibility testing
Not sure if this is the correct forum (but search doesn't work; gives an error 'connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=13, msg=Permission denied)'
I need to test if our products are compatible with Windows 8.
Are there any interesting posts/documents on what to look for?
I was thinking about:
- The new system dll's; maybe API's that might fail
- Metro style Start Screen; how does it look like after installing our apps
- The new .NET version that is installed by default; check if it covers the one we need
- components used in the application (e.g OCX's see if they don't have any problems)
- Internet Explorer 10; see if our app is compatible.
Windows RT is out of scope for this app.
Any ideas of certain Windows 8 features that might break applications or what to look for?
I have been reading a bit on the differences in Windows 8 vs the previous versions to learn about what might give problems too.
For example I read that UAC can't be disabled anymore; this might give problems.
Changes in Internet Explorer (security that is tightened)?
For more info, you can do search on MSDN.
What kind of app, you have? If the connection is failed, look for permissions. If the app is working fine on Win7, 95% should work fine on Win8.
Tags for this Thread