I am having experience of 2 years in testing.
I am working as a tester in product based company.
In 1st 1 year i worked on QTP.
in the second year i was in manual testing of a product.
Actually speaking i am the only tester in my company.
The present strategy i am following is:
1. Writing the test cases based on the requirements document
2. After writing test cases when i got the product to test am testing according to test cases.But in this am including so many cases which are not covered while writing cases alone without application.
3. Still so many cases were missing.
4. My main problem is,i will get the build for every 2 weeks of same product.how to test in this type of scenarios.
5. What is the perfect testing process in product development companies.
6.can any one please advice me what to do in this situation.
7. Mainly i want the standard process.
I don't believe you will find a "Standard" process for any type of testing. Everyone develops their own methods and become comfortable with them. Maybe the answer for you is not to write formal test cases all the time but make a list of functionalities/features that you will prioritize and go thru the list performing adhoc or exploratory testing procedures. Make notes in your list for future reference. If a certain function/feature has passed multiple times in past build, then its priority is low and you may not get time to test it on future builds. If you have time to run Regression testing once the product is ready for release, then is the time to run your formal test cases. This is just one approach. I am sure there are many, many others and you will have to pick-&-chose which one is best for you and your company.