Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

ISUUE and BUG

Can anybody please explain what is the exact difference between BUG and ISSUE in S/W Testing technology.

Are they same or different?

As per my understanding, when Testers get any unexpected occuring, this is an ISSUE and reported as a Defect to Dev team.

If the defect is approved by BA, then it's a BUG as Dev perspective. If rejected, then it's not a BUG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: ISUUE and BUG

BUG: Devating customer requirment is called bug
    ISSUE: Unexpected situation occurs called ISSUE

Regards,
    Kishore

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    As per my understanding, when Testers get any unexpected occuring, this is an ISSUE and reported as a Defect to Dev team.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Makes sense, although some companies would just report it as an Issue, rather than as a Defect.

[ QUOTE ]
    If the defect is approved by BA, then it's a BUG as Dev perspective. If rejected, then it's not a BUG.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That makes sense from a Dev perspective, depending on what "approved by BA" means at your company.
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Here we go again... Do I have to dig out the "Ode' to a Bug" post? Because this topic is an issue to me because it just bugs the crap out of me that this whole debate/discussion keeps popping up about once a year.
    Jim
    -------------------------------------------
    For all the general stuff to know about QA/Test go here http://www.softwareqatest.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Man I hear ya Jim, sheesh...
    Onward thru the fog...

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Okay... Ode' to a Bug

In the begining there were 'bugs', they were not considered to be a good thing. But they were real and present, and in mass numbers at times. These bugs were 'defects' in the code or design of the system, and as such caused an 'issue' for the people both using the system and building it.

Thus if a bug was found an issue was raised by the users and they would point out the defect to the developers. The developers would fix the defect so that is would no longer be an issue and as a result remove the bug from the system.

But in some instances the defect was found to actually be an 'anomoly' caused by an 'inadequecy' in the original specification of the system. This caused the system to naturally contain a defect that would eventually become an issue because it would just bug users because it was there.

Now because the inadequacy propogated the anomoly which led to the defect and caused an issue the end-users would just have to live with the bug.

Alas, the end-users complained and then management got involved. To smooth things over they proclaimed that the bug is not a defect and there was no longer an issue. Instead they stated that the issue caused by the anomoly due to the inadequecy was actually a 'functionally unreproducible business application response', or FUBAR. This FUBAR in turn would just make the 'system not available for use', or SNAFU.

This SNAFU was the real culprit behind the FUBAR and explained the inadequecy which removed the anomoly that raised the issue that was depicted by the defect which just bugged users.

This eventually led the users to believe that no matter what, a 'bug' will eventually lead to a FUBAR that causes a SNAFU.

In the end that was the 'observation' made by everyone involved. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Jim
    For all the general stuff to know about QA/Test go here http://www.softwareqatest.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Jim inspired me to write this song.

http://www.allthingsquality.com/2012...ned-to-me.html
    Joe Strazzere

SQA Knight
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Joe,
    When do we get to see the YouTube video? I'm sure it will be as popular as James Whittakers "Piece of Crap" video he did a few years back.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I wish I could find a copy of Whittaker's video. I remember it fondly.

I'll have to dust off my guitar and practice, then audition backup singers, before I can promise a release date! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Meanwhile, I offer these:
    http://www.allthingsquality.com/2011...esting-qa.html
    Joe Strazzere

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast