Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Tool for the Agile testing process

Hi Experts,
    I am working in an Agile/scrum team and i have been given the task to look for a tool that will improve our agile testing process.
    Could anyone please recommend any tools and applications that can be used for improvement of an agile testing team and that can make the sprint process for efficient?
    Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Tool for the Agile testing process

Hi,

Which tool your team is using for process management (issue tracking, work items, etc)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Tool for the Agile testing process

alawode,
    For functional testing there are two good free tools: Sahi - Web Functional Test scripts that interact with AJAX. JMeter - Load testing and performace for WebServices.
    A good tool is TestComplete for functional testing. Very complete and cost of license.
    In Cycle Management testing, TestLink Manthis are excellent and free tools.
    If you have interest, I am posting on my blog the testing process in Agile agile development methods. access http://agiletestbr.blogspot.com.br/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    In my official atmosphere the preference is being given to the Scrum because it lets you learn more and at the same time have that level of improvement when something grows correctly. So yeah keeping yourself stick to it can surely bring an impressive change.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I worked with Rally a little bit. I enjoyed it. I'd use it even if it was not for Agile.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    At my current client we use the Jira Agile add-on: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/agile

It serves us pretty well, and it's easy to use especially when you're already using Jira for issue administration.

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Jira, Rally , Mentis and BugZilla all can be used for .
    Currently I am using versionOne that is not bad too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hello,

I really advice you to try Squash TM which allows a good management of your tests in Agile testing process.
    Squash TM is an open source tool for test repositories management. Natively "multi" and "cross" projects, it can manage all testing stages, from requirements management to campaigns execution.
    Based on an ergonomic and intuitive interface, Squash is also "full web" making it an easy tool to deploy.

Look here to more informations: SquashTest.org : open source project on software qualification

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Hi Guys,

I am Squashtest community manager. And I want to bring you this information :

I will suggest you Squash TM.

It is an opensource and free test management tool.

This tool offers Requirements management, Test cases management, Runtime management and Dynamics reports.

You may also connect it to Mantis, Jira and Redmine bugtrackers.

It works well. It is used all over the world and can be compared to the most famous commercial tool on this perimeter.

NB: Joe, I don't have access to me my profile page and I can't manage my signature. May you help me on this issue ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    I was testing an application recently where the code kept changing constantly. It was really painful to test because the load of the added rework made automation near impossible, and my existing work load was already through the roof. Sometimes itís really hard to tell if you are testing enough or even testing the right things!

Anyways while I was going through this, I came across this test automation tool recently and thought that I'd give it a shot - itís called Tosca Testsuite (here is a link to their website: Tosca Testsuite Overview | Tricentis). So far the tool has helped solve my biggest issues. It uses risk optimization to tell you what test cases you should be testing, manages test data, helps in the agile testing process and allows you to build test cases with model based test automation. I thought Iíd spread the word, hopefully it will be helpful to some of you as well!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast