Can you please provide me some information regarding following.
1. How to go about doing set top box testing
2. What kinds of testing can be done for set top boxes like installation, functional etc
3. Challenges faced when doing set top box testing
Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
~ Winston Churchill ~ ...Rich Wagner
no this is a real question, I need to come up with estimates and an approach
IF iam in your position,
First question i would get
am i testing hardware or software?
what is my scope?
Any related info available for it?
if no idea about the above three i will ask the person who gave me the task about the product and activities that neeeds to be done
"I am not tester,but born to test things"
what do mean by top box testing can you please clarify.
Google search results... http://www.energystar.gov/ia/partners/pr...ure03142008.pdf http://www.tcs.com/SiteCollectionDoc...STBTESTING.pdf
The testing that can be performed on STB testing is Functional and Non Functional Testing.
Since the entire world is moving towards digital and interactive applications. The stb's that are developed today are very much complicated and they are loaded fully with applications.
There are huge amount of challenges in stb testing.
Following up on the initial question....im in a similar situation as Gaurav....i need to develop an approach for performance testing of STBs....any help on this is appreciated as google is not helping at all.....
example of performance testing on STB:
- Zapping test: from service 1 to service 2 with 5 seconds of delay. doing this test 1000 times and check right behavior of STB
- Long descrambling test: if descrambling is included into STB you should check descrambling during 48houres, no black screen, no macro blocks.
- Signal test: remove insert signal cable 100 times and check right behavior on STB
QA activities, follow CMMI certification process.
Have a look at http://stb-tester.com
stb-tester is an open-source video-capture system for automated testing of set-top boxes.