ETL Testing - what am I missing?
I am working on ETL Testing, we are performing the following Testing Task.
Before starting testing...
1. We got the flat files(.ds) from Dev Team location in unix box then we load the .ds files through Data Stage(for loading we have predefined jobs) in the Source Environment
2. Now testing data stored in Source Environment
3. Before starting testing we count Source record count for each table with target table.
4. If source record count match with target table record count then we accept the testing otherwise we log the defect.
5. Before writing Scripting(testing terminology test case) we have predefined logic mapping document. Based on that we can implement the logic in SQL(we are supporting database Terdata)
6. we can start writing the script as per the mapping document
7. Finally we can execute all the scripts at a time if any script will file we debug the particular script logic and log the defect
Please let me know if any extra testing on ETL level.
Re: ETL Testing - what am I missing?
You can validate the data is transformed correctly. Extract='A' Transforms='AB' Load='AB'