Thread: Simulator Data

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Simulator Data

Does any one has experience with Simulator data in SIT (System Integration Testing)environment, if so pelase could you describe for me that what exactly is Simulator data is with examples.....Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Simulator Data

I am sure on what you mean by Simulator data in SIT..
    The following is my best guess!!

You are testing the intregration between two systems. Both systems have their own database backends. It is not possible to merge the two databases or sync these two databases (at a SQL level)

The design team, decided that XML would be used as a data transfer protocol between the two systems?

You want to know on what information to enter in the front end of System A so that you can verify that this information is displayed on the front end of System B.

If my understanding is correct or close.. , please let me know - I was recently involved in a "large" project and might be able to give you some pointers..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Nasir_khan, Could you please provide some context to your question - or is this an interview question?

Is your question in relation to test data and test data generation - or simulated data load - or something else?

Thanks
    Marie.
    ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
    I have the heart of a developer -- In a jar on my desk

Blog: http://testermusing.blogspot.com/

Twitter: @reewal

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello Marie
    Thanks for your reply, its not an interview question but I am going to be involve in a project where the Simulator data going to be used, in advance I would like to prepare myself for that so I can understnad the concept and use of Simulator data.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello Pandey
    Actually what will happen in this project that at front end we have web application and it will connect to back-end database through a simulatgor (I guese) and I dont know how this going to be setup, its through a software or XML technology, I am not sure.

But I would say that you are close to my question.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Since your question relates to what YOUR employer is doing, I think you need to ask your supervisor this question, not us. Any answer we could give you would be total guesswork.

I, for one, do not know what "simulator data" means. And I am not going to guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I'm reasonably certain that "simulator data" would be data generated by, or for, a simulator. However, beyond that, I have little to add. Every shop I've worked in, save one, had some form of "simulator" - some had multiple simylators to emulate various products, tools or packages used by the shop or by clients. No two were the same. They are, as Peter suggests, shop, and purpose, specific.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]

Actually what will happen in this project that at front end we have web application and it will connect to back-end database through a simulatgor (I guese)

[/ QUOTE ]

This looks like a 3 tier application

Front End - Middle Ware - Backend

Could you tell us more about this project? I hope you do not violate any NDAs or your employer's policies!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am quite sure that I am not violating any NDAs of my employer, reason to discuss Simulator Data here is sharing the knowledge not the project b/w all of us (QA people), and I strongly belived whatever we discussing in QA Forum, its somwhere happening with you and your employer.

But of course I can not go more in the project detail, but will share the Simulator Data concept and expeirence once I get the experice from my project.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I STILL have not seen an explanation of the meaning of "simulator data (concept)."

If, Khan Sahab, you do not know what it means, "... will share the Simulator Data concept and expeirence once I get the experice from my project" then you are expecting a lot if you think we can teach you about it.

(By the way, b/w may be acceptable when texting, but please use complete English words here).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast