Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Test Cases

Hi ALL,this is ASIM [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Basically I am new in Testing.
    I just want to ask,What are the main perspective or thinking of making Scenarios in Test cAses,
    Kindly give me a comprehensive answer,

Thanks,

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Test Cases

Hi Asim,

To put it simply, you are asking too much on one question. There are too many things that are to be taken into account when creating Test Scenarios or Test Cases.

In a nutshell, if you are testing it is because you want to verify that the product is doing what it should do and not doing what it shouldn't do so start by doing just that:
    (1) Verify that the requirements of the system, and the scenarios that your users are going to run are working correctly.
    AND
    (2) That there are no bugs that will cause your product to stop working like it should be.

Then, if you want to start going deeper you will need to take into account stuff like User Environments and other external constraints that will have an effect in your product.

And the list goes on and on (and on!)

You can read all the material that is published on the subject (you can even go to my blog, the address is on this post signature) and then as you start having more specific doubts and questions you can come here and ask them. I don't know a better place to get QA Answers than this one.

In any case good luck!
    -joel
    9 times out 10, less is actually more

PractiTest - QA and Test Management Tool
    QABlog - QA Intelligence Blog

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Also you might want to try here:
    http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.php?Ca...ge=0#Post430135
    for some further research.

There is no way one can can answer your question in a single post. As Joel suggested, try to get some reading done on various subjects and if you have questions, feel free to post them here, we'll be glad to help.

Best of luck!
    Going out of your comfort zone requires failure. True genius is measured by your recovery.

...Jean Ann
    www.perfectpitchmarketinginc.com
    http://on.fb.me/PPM100
    www.projectrealms.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

i will suggest you to make testcases in more modular and
    reusable way.your many testcases will be combined to form one scenario. and same testcases can be used in many testcases.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

first of all you should get some theoretical knowledge about test case. what these are? After knowing you must get some templates to know what content may be there in a test case. it all depends for what functionality you are writing a test case, it will come after you explore this field.
    there would be a lot at

http://s-qa.blogspot.com
    regards,
    hafeez
    SQA Knowledge Bank