I have to test a checkbox functionality.
I have to test a functionality. It contains check boxes.There is no limit of no of check boxes. But as the number of check boxes appears the system gets slow(Performance Issue).Next to the check box its description is written.(eg check box cat) When we select a check box a line(a text box due to some style sheets it appears as a line) appears next to the description for the check box. On the line you can write a note. There is a box in the right which displays the description of the check box and what every you write on the line after selecting the check box.This box is not editable.How should i check it.
Test Cases executed
1. Select a check box. See if it appears in the box at the right.(Ok)
1.1 Unchecked the check box. It disappears from the box at the right.(Ok)
2. Select a group of check box. See if it appears in the box at the right.(I didn't executed any other test cases of selecting check boxes as i thought it would be same. Equivalence portioning)(Ok)
2.1 Same test case as 1.1 but for the group.
3. Selected all the check boxes.(Ok)
3.1 Same test case as 1.1 but for all.
4. Select a check box and write a sentence on the line. See if it appears in the box at the right.(Ok)
5. I selected the check box at the beginning and at the last. It displays correctly in the text box.(OK)
6. After selecting a check box i inserted a HTML code, white space, special characters on the line.(OK)
These test cases are for manual testing only. We don't use automation system.The functionality works fine on WindowsXp,2003 and linux. It works fine on firefox3,Internet Explorer.
I have a feeling that all the test cases till 5 are same. If one of them is working then rest would work fine. So I have only two test cases. If i am wrong just tell me.
Please suggest me more test cases.
Re: I have to test a checkbox functionality.
You can also write.
1. Select checkbox
2. Enter text
4. Edit text in selected check box. Check whether edited text is displayed or not?
And few other test cases regarding editing the field.