Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Test Scenario Template

Hello Testers,

I have developed this test doc for my team. Please check it out and provide feedback. Also share your Test Scenario template if you got one....

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Test Scenario Template

well, i find it good but to make it better than good, try to include a column labeled with "step no." or whatever you may call it. thus, you create a quantifiable steps in a glance.

-------------------
    Reynald S. Geonson
    -------------------
    Cheers,

Reynald S. Geonson

<font color="gray">You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives. - Clay P. Bedford</font>
    CLICK HERE... another set of skill i possessed

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The template is good but there can be other fields for a TCD. for example :

TC ID (important for matrices and other references)
    Objective
    Pre Conditions
    Post Conditions
    etc etc....!

Hope this will help you to prepare a better template (as there are many others).

Thanks.
    ---------------------
    http://www.quatrics.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I would suggest you to include the module name as well for high level understanding.
    Also include the number of cases that scenario would have later on.
    I have nothing to declare except my genius. -Oscar Wilde

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

I think your scenario template is a good start. I do recommend some updates though:

- make your template and test preparation in Excel. It's much easier to maintain your test cases and results in a row/column based program than in a text editor where you need to create tables yourself. It will be much easier to maintain your test analysis.
    - like someone mentioned before, add a test case ID in front of each test case.
    - you might want to group your test cases per functionality or per use case. If you work in excel, try using a different Excel tab for each use case.
    - create a template or structure for your test cases which you will reuse for every test case. This enables you to work efficiently by copying and pasting afterwards.
    - If you're requirement based testing, add a unique reference to the requirement in the specification document.
    - If you're risk based testing, add a priority to each test case according to the MoSCoW principle: must/should/could/won't test.
    - create a test case header containing the test case ID, description and priority (1 row in Excel).
    In the detail first describe your precondition, followed by your test steps and expected result. You can write each step on a new row making it more legible.

These are a few examples. I hope this helps!
    TestingMinded - A Software Testing Information blog