Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Post Validation Testing -checklist

do you have a checklist for a post validation testing on any application after being deployed to production?.

what kind of preparation is necessary before a deployment

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Post Validation Testing -checklist

We create what we call a Release Test Plan whenever we release code to production.

The idea is not to completely retest every feature. Instead, we test just enough to ensure that the desired code was in fact fully released into production, and that it has been configured correctly.

I wouldn't consider this as Exploratory Testing at all.
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

yes my question is what is included in the Release Test Plan.

is there any example available to see

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Sorry. We don't use a checklist - every release is different from all of the others. Our plans would be useless as an example for you.

Instead, we think about what we would need to quickly check to feel comfortable that all the new code is safely in place.
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

i came up with 7 testcases which basically cover all the funactionalities and requirements which are already been coded . will that be good enough?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    i came up with 7 testcases which basically cover all the funactionalities and requirements which are already been coded . will that be good enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no way to know.

If you feel that these 7 test cases will allow you to determine if the planned release has been successfully moved to production and has been configured correctly - then it should be good enough.
    Joe Strazzere

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I must agree with Joe on this. Without knowing a great deal more about the system/application you're testing, the environment, expectations, etc., like Joe, I certainly have no idea if those 7 test cases will be adequate.

Having said that, I wonder why this question is posed in the Exploratory Testing forum? A "post validation checklist" or "Release Test Plan" strike me as remarkably UN-Exploratory in nature.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I have a concern with joe statement
    " that we should verify
    that desired code was in fact fully released into production, and that it has been configured correctly."

code is not the responsibility of QA person on production instance. and also configuration matters are dealed via change management team...

what QA need to ensure is the basic change working fine on application and donot execute all scenrios.
    Regards,

Nadia

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    code is not the responsibility of QA person on production instance. and also configuration matters are dealed via change management team...

[/ QUOTE ]

That may be the case in your shop - not in mine.
    Joe Strazzere

Advanced Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If you want to check release is deployed successfully i.e. executables,client binaries,help files and helper libraries.Then do try to search "deployment checklist" or "configuration testing checklist" on Google.

Usually if you want to check functionality post release deployment, then probably sanity/smoke test case execution can hold good, if you have it.

By the way the post is not related to Exploratory testing.
    Kind regards,
    Anand Tambey

RSS Feed : Break To Make it Better
    A Lazy person could be the best automation professional, if he is not lazy in implementing his ideas to reduce his work. ~Anand Tambey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast