Could any one plz tell me how to calcluate person day or person month?
Thanks n advance
These terms are measures of the amount of work that can be accomplished in a given time.
You calculate them by determining how much time in the given period (day or month) can usually be devoted to meaningful work.
For example, you might assume that 80% of the time spent in the office can be used for real work, while the other 20% is non-productive work (meetings, emails, etc).
You also need to factor out time to account for typical sick time, vacations, etc.
You might also search on Google for some warnings about these types of calculations. You'll get better results if you search for the term "Man Month": http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=man-month
Joe StrazzereVisit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!
The best means of way to calculate the Person day or Person month is Time sheet. Now it based on company Time sheet is how much visible.
[ QUOTE ]
The best means of way to calculate the Person day or Person month is Time sheet.
[/ QUOTE ]
What does that mean?
normally i used 8hrs=1 person day
20 person day = 1 month
but it varies from project to project,from client to client and your company norms.
i have seen guys taking 25 person days as 1 month.
20-22 person days is taken for one person month. Ideal is 20 or 21. All depends.
God don't have the proper QA system, due to which we find defects in his creations.
In the real world, it is a known fact that though the working hours are 8, the real productive hours fall in between 6 - 7.
I consider 6.5 hours as productive hours & person day
I base all of my estimates on 6.5 hours per day, or 136.5 per month. That seems to work well for our organization.