PL/SQL Estimation

Can someone give me how to estimate size of PL/SQL change Request.

Also, I'd like to know what effort will be required to do the change request with a given size.

Thanks in advance,

New Zealand

Re: PL/SQL Estimation

I assume you mean test effort? (Or do you mean total req/des/Dev/QA/QC/Test)?
    Have a look at a tool like CocomoII for blanket estimation methods. Personally, I have no faith in such estimates.
    I have seen estimation methods for PL/SQL based on
    forms/modules/blocks/canvases for development effort and assuming average skill sets. I certainly do not think such an approach would work for test.
    There is no "Silver Bullet",
    Look at module complexity, data complexity, interface complexity, external dependencies, use these to calculate "factors" then apply these factors to average test effort based on previous experience.
    So much depends on the granularity of the change request/requirements. Define your scope, then make a guestimate, and always remember "it is an estimate"!

Re: PL/SQL Estimation

Originally posted by KBEE01:
    I assume you mean test effort? (Or do you mean total req/des/Dev/QA/QC/Test)?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Actually I am looking for the whole cycle i.e. Requirements, Design, Coding, testing,acceptance.