Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Lightbulb Environment management software?

Hi,

I am doing change and configuration , and releases. We do manage our environment too, and my boss recently asked about a tool on environment management, I did suggest ms project for gantt chart, simple and easy, but he want more options, so I had a look but I found most of the resource scheduling system are for PMP and is mostly to have login for different staff to log their hours and x hourly rate to become a cost valuation schedule. I am looking at something to have system testing environment schedule, uat environment schedule, project environment schedule, better with email notification if someone want to book the environment, and best with approval too. Anyone know if there's similiar tool that can help me out? (Free if possible)

Many thanks,
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Did you ever find any free environment management software? We are currently facing a bunch of issues with environment contention and scheduling problems and need to find a tool to schedule and share with the IT Department.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Something as simple as using Outlook for resource booking? Set up resource Booking with Exchange and Outlook - Spiceworks

Not too sure if it can handle approval workflows though, and can only handle a single booking at once (i.e. no double-booking). But then this may be okay for you.