Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    No. CodedUI seems to be the only tool out there that will automate AX. Try the 2012 version. It's improved a lot from the 2010 version. I've been working with Dave Froslie on getting this tool up to speed. The latest I received from HP is that AX support is on their radar but they can't give me an idea of when this support will be released. I've been on their backs for over a year for this support but they don't see it as a priority. Sigh...
    Onward thru the fog...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Testing Microsoft's Dynamics AX 2012 Applications

Hi Fred,

VSTS Coded UI will support same way QTP does, but if you want to compare user friendly features of QTP with that of VSTS coded UI i would take a 100 steps back as Coded UI is more of a develepors job. You would want to develop wrappers for your AUT objects in order for coded UI to support it. You can write conditional logic's as you do with QTP. Since DAX is a product from microsoft for sure Microsofts Coded UI will support it though it involves lot of Dev-Express Grids there are very special kind of grids which no other tool apart from Coded UI will support, We tried automating DAX using QTP, Test partner, Silk, etc but no success then we tried with VSTS coded UI 2010 along with reference of Automation Element added and we were able to handle the objects. There are some floating grids in DAX which no tool can handle apart from Coded UI.
    I don't build Software but I make them work better, Testing is a Passion

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by FredMan View Post
    No. CodedUI seems to be the only tool out there that will automate AX. Try the 2012 version. It's improved a lot from the 2010 version. I've been working with Dave Froslie on getting this tool up to speed. The latest I received from HP is that AX support is on their radar but they can't give me an idea of when this support will be released. I've been on their backs for over a year for this support but they don't see it as a priority. Sigh...
    are there any new experiences on that topic or is CodedUI still the only tool to automate Microsoft Dynamics AX testing? Perhaps some other tools will support automated AX 2012 testing by installing the R3 release.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by swtester99 View Post
    I'm about to embark on the same project (MS Dynamics) did you find a better product to do the testing with?
    Hi SWTester (and anyone reading this post).
    We have a product called Rapise that can test MS Dynamics (Microsoft Dynamics | Test Automation Technologies | Rapise) and has the ability to do conditional logic as well as the ability to use either record/playback or object-based scripting.
    Adam
    Inflectra Corporation
    SpiraTest = Test Management

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12