Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Defect Module In QC 9.0

Is anyone using the Defect Module on QC 9.0 as there defect tracking tool? If so how do you find it to configure?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Defect Module In QC 9.0

We are currently looking at QC 9.0 and the defect tracking piece. I'm not sure if you're asking my opinion of how to configure the module to do what I need or whether you're asking me where can you find the admin piece to configure it.

Please clarify.
    Beantown Tester
    Go <font color="Red">Red Sox</font>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am just trying to get a feel for what others thought about it as a Defect tracking tool overall. I was also looking to see if anyone has already configured it to meet their workflow and what their experience was with configuring it (was it easy or difficult to complete).

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I have used it a lot. In a "normal" setting, if you do not have wishes that are too exotic, you should be able to configure it easily.
    The support of your workflow should not be much of a problem and ofcourse the integration with your testplanning en executiongrid offers a great advantage.....

however: if you need broad acces to your defects. If you want to create your own metrices and query your defectadministration in many different ways... it becomes more difficult to configure and use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I have been studying the documentation and working with the customization (workflow features).
    In the few days I've worked with it I find it fairly easy to customize for many features. The documentation is not perfect but it does include many examples you can leverage from.
    Attached is a MS Word document containing "Best Practices".
    It gives you lots of info on working with the workflow scripts. The code is all VBScript. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Be sure to add error handling to everything you do!
    This keeps your mistakes from crashing the browser.
    <font color="blue">William Brock</font>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]

Attached is a MS Word document containing "Best Practices".
    It gives you lots of info on working with the workflow scripts. The code is all VBScript. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Be sure to add error handling to everything you do!
    This keeps your mistakes from crashing the browser.

[/ QUOTE ]

W_Brock,

Don't see any attachments, would you please attach it?

Thanks
    John