I found Atlassian Company that provide JIRA bug tracking system with 3 levels
The price of professional one is 2.400 $. I think that Ill buy it soon after evaluation but I want to ask if any one tried it before?! if any one has any suitable presentation show the benefits of it or any other defect tracking system to show my company management how the defect tracking system is important to any software company
1. Not very stable. It had a tendency to lose it's indexes when the usage got heavy. We would enter defects and they would not show up until the server was restarted.
2. Modifying workflow was a PITA.
3. We couldn't lock down workflow so that only certain people or certain roles could advance a defect. In other words, anyone could close any defect at any time.
4. Report formats were a problem. We ended up exporting to Excel and formatting our reports in excel to get what we wanted.
5. Couldn't go back and edit previously entered comments. Had to enter a new comment to edit the old one.
Thank you for your replay
About the 2nd point I dont understand what do u means with PITA
About the 3rd point I test it on professional edition 3.7 and it worked properly coz I create each module as a separated project with its project role. In this case the closer persons Testers within this module will be able to close issues is them module only
About point 4 Ill test it soon
About editing previous comment point I think that is logic
Second point - PITA = pain in the ---- posterior portions of the anatomy.
Third point - what I was trying to say is that you have a number of people assigned to a project. Each has a different role - developer, business analyst, project manager, quality tester, etc. We could not prevent a developer from closing a defect before QA saw it.
Editing previous comment - no logic involved. The previously entered comments are simply locked. No one can change them, not even the original author. Nor can they be deleted.