I am putting together an RFP for a defect tracking tool. I am gathering requirements from the primary users (QC team, Developers, Project Managers) and feel comfortable that I'll be able to manage their expectations throughout the poject.

However, I'm wondering if I should seek input from my Director team? Typically they rarely use the current tool and then it is only to create reports (or to have others create reports for them). My concern is that if I don't seek their input, I may be missing key requirements. On the other hand, I'm concerned about managing their expectations and that, if we find a tool that 99% of the user-base finds useful and will embrace, but the 1% that DOESN'T like it is on the Director team, that 1% may try and torpedo the project.

I'd appreciate your comments and experience in this area. I may be overthinking it, but want to make sure I have my bases covered. My Director is supportive and her requirements are minimal, but I'm not sure the other Directors share her viewpoint as we have some crazy politics around here to navigate.