Bug Tracking/Comm Tool for Legacy Product
At my company, we have several legacy products that we support in addition to developing new products. Currently, we have a home grown application to track all bugs and communications between our support dept, Testers (QA), and Coding for maintenance work (bugs on existing code). Then we use a separate home grown application to track all bugs and communications between Coding and Testers for new development (modules or products). As QA Manager, I'm evaluating the prospect of combining or switching to an off the shelf product. Currently, this is how an issue flows: Tester or support technician submits issue, issue goes to Coder, Coder fixes and sends back to tester, Tester approves (or sends back for more work), and then releases the APP. These are some of my requirements:
1. Must provide tracking of bugs by severity level
2. Must allow historical tracking and reporting
3. Must allow for creation of custom reports for users and managers
4. Must allow for separation of bugs by product and/or project
5. Must allow tracking of communications between departments
6. Would like to track each touch by person (or Dept), response time, and time spent.
Does anyone here have experience or recommendation on tools that offer this functionality?
Thanks in advance!
Re: Bug Tracking/Comm Tool for Legacy Product
Take a look at TestTrack Pro ( www.seapine.com )
We had a similar problem, and this was very well resolved when we started using this tool.