Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Bugs Analyze

Hi,
    I'm looking for a good material (sites, articles..) about bugs :
    Bug life cycles, Unfound bugs during formal QA cycles and the reason for that, bugs severity...

Any helpful staff will be great.
    Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Bugs Analyze

Found anything ?... or you're still looking ?
    Don't worry, be Happy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

"I am a Bug", a book by Robert Sabourin is very good, short and effective view of bugs and the other areas mentioned around them.
    ------
    Regards,
    Neill McCarthy
    Agile Testers of the World UNIT!

For more contextual Musings visit http://www.testingreflections.com/ and now at http://www.sqablogs.com/neillmccarthy/
    ---

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Neill,

You've ruined my intention. I was trying to see if MKobel found anything, or he's still waiting. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

On the other hand, you consider that particular reference better than discussions having place on QAForums? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] Especially on Bug's life I remember some topics [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Don't worry, be Happy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

it could have been a long wait, I accept there are some excellent references on this site, using an advanced search I found many including ones we have both put into, however there is also a lot of noise on this subject on the forum. This book has no noise, only some clear and simple descriptions which fit many contexts well.
    Sorry for spoiling your fun daniel, I will try not to do it again [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    ------
    Regards,
    Neill McCarthy
    Agile Testers of the World UNIT!

For more contextual Musings visit http://www.testingreflections.com/ and now at http://www.sqablogs.com/neillmccarthy/
    ---

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I just wanted to see (and I'm wonder why nobody mentioned it in the "what you dislike..." topic) IF we have another case where a (new) member puts a general question and never comes back to the topic, with comments,...

Maybe I was wrong...
    Don't worry, be Happy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

And maybe you are not
    Lynne

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas Edison

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I will delete it.
    Maybe as moderators we should delete all this kind of posts, where no useful responses were given and the originator never come back with comments,....
    This could help the future searchs, as somebody mentioned
    Don't worry, be Happy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am sure Daniel is just right.

It has happened in many categories of the forum, especially with new users creating new threads on general topics, without even searching the forum or even when they find already a thread available for the same Question. :-((

Even i have responded to few threads suggesting them to search first before they create a new thread. Its not fair on their part to just initiate a thread and then leaving it hanging.

Something needs to be done on this.

May be once after the first responce is there for the new thread,then the thread initiator has to take part in it.A time frame can be fixed for this.

If the initiator is not responding, then the thread can be deleted, provided the moderator gets the feeling that the thread related topic is already available in the forum or Else the thread is not going to help anyone else.

Am i making things look too harsh?
    FC
    [i]Work Like u don't need Money...Love like u have never been Hurt...Dance Like Nobody is Watching...Sing Like Nobody is Listening...Live like its Heaven on Earth!
    </i]