In clear Quest client developers are getting delete permission to the defects. In my organization developers are misusing this functionality.How do i disable delete option from clear quest client of developers ? I think this is the major problem.
I have gone through a number of documents for a solution.
If anyone knows about the solution , I request you to please give me the steps to follow in resolving the issue.
Assuming you have permissions to do so, you need to go to the following:
1. Go into the ClearQuest Designer and check out the schema that you want to update.
2. Go to the Defect Record Type.
3. Under States and Actions, bring up the Actions grid.
4. On the Delete action name, remove the group containing your developers by de-selecting the checkbox.
5. Check in your work, update the database, and you're done.
Piece o' cake.
"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place."
-George Bernard Shaw, Irish playwright and Nobel Prize winner, 1856-1950