Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Bugzilla and NT/2000

Is anyone having luck implementing this? I know the standard line is get linux but that's not an option. I can't seem to get buzilla to work for me at all. I just want to hear someone say they have actually gotten it to work on NT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Bugzilla and NT/2000

I have done this but it is not always the easiest thing in the world - especially if your client/employer does not want to change their system too much or install different things on the server. Basically the same problems you encounter getting Bugzilla set up on NT 4.0 are the same on Windows 2000. Once you do it enough, however, you get used to it. Personally, I recommend setting up your own server so that you can install and change what you need.

Anyway, I recommend taking a look at the Bugzilla FAQ that is on the Mozilla.org site. At or near the bottom it gives a series of steps for implementing it on Windows NT. Of course, as you point out, you have to wade through the exhortations about just moving to UNIX and all that but the directions are pretty solid if not always very clearly stated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I am sorry, I have same problem, our team like Bugzilla, but we want to install it on NT. I went to http://www.mozilla.org/bugs/source.html but could not find references to how to install it on NT.
    Could you give us some links.

A.D.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Just go to the Bugzilla FAQ page.
    http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/sourc.../docs/FAQ.html

You will see a section highlighted there for installing on Windows NT. Actually just go to http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/sourc.../FAQ.html#BZNT and that will take you right to the bookmarked area you need. These same steps have worked for me with Windows 2000 as well - which makes sense considering it is, relatively speaking, just another NT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JeffNyman:
    Just go to the Bugzilla FAQ page.
    http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/sourc.../docs/FAQ.html

You will see a section highlighted there for installing on Windows NT. Actually just go to http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/sourc.../FAQ.html#BZNT and that will take you right to the bookmarked area you need. These same steps have worked for me with Windows 2000 as well - which makes sense considering it is, relatively speaking, just another NT.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before going there, here is the first line in the FAQ:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Right now, running Bugzilla under Windows NT is an extremely hairy process. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eamonn J.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Ive sucessfully implemented Bugzilla on NT and IIS, and it isnt so bad or hard.
    If anyones interested id gladly share the knowhow.
    (ive also integrated it with perforce but thats a work in progress)

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Push past that Microsoft addiction and install bugzilla on top of linux or BSD. It keeps the cost real low, the uptime real high, and your skill set sharp.

Your manager will never know the difference.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

See theres the rub "install on top of linux or bsd". Ok so after i learn pearl, mysql, python you suggest i learn how to install and support a new OS and webserver and integrate that on a Nt network.
    Or shall i just install it on the machine the company supplies, uses, develops and supports me on? Think again.

------------------