Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Most customizable Bug Tracking System!

Im looking for the most recommended and most customizable Bug Tracking System! I have found a list of solutions:
    PR-Tracker
    BugCollector Pro
    TestTrack
    Bugbase
    Track
    PVCS
    Visual Intercept
    TrackPerfect
    MSK Track Integrity
    Clear Quest
    DevTrack

What have been your experiences with these products and what would you most recommend?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Most customizable Bug Tracking System!

There are others.
    For example Clarify's ClearQuality is extremly customizable. TestTrack at the same time is not very customizable.

Points for Confirmed Friends

ClearQuest is good and also another that you haven't mentioned Bugzilla at www.mozilla.org and it's free too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

QADB is a free Intrenet based bug tracking tool. The QADB free bug-tracking tool helps you to track and save your bugs and customers support calls so nothing gets lost. The QADB allows you to track new bugs and support calls, prioritize and assign issues to your team members and generate reports.
    URL: http://qadb.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I've used several systems during the last few years including StarTeam from Starbase Software. It's a great work collaboration system - version control, email, defect tracking, etc. It has very few customizable areas in the bug tracker, my biggest objection to it.

Rational's ClearQuest is highly customizable, although one of the most expensive solutions.

One of the most customizable systems that I know about is Soffront. I've not used it, but it is #1 on my selection list.

We are currently using PR Tracker. It does about 70% of what I want in a change management system. Customization is very limited and test environment (hardware, O/S, etc.)info is lacking. I'll put up with the limitations until I can scratch up the $40-$50K it will cost to put a really good system in place.

Points for Confirmed Friends

Here is a news posting from WWW.Software-Engineer.org. The thing I liked best about it is that there are NO per user costs!!!
    (I hope this helps!)
    ~Matt

"Pragmatic Software to release New & Improved Defect Tracker 3.0

Pragmatic Software is working diligently to make Defect Tracker the best web based solution on the market for tracking defects. Their mission is simple: have a great product with a clean, simple interface that is affordable and does not put limitations on the client. Their clients drive the features of the product by offering suggestions via the Suggestion Box. Once a suggestion is entered, they allow their other clients to vote on the suggestion. Once the vote count is significant for a feature, they begin implementing it!

Version 3.0 is currently under development and will include the following functionality:

1) Sharing Documents
    2) Reminders and Lists
    3) Rule-based email notifications
    4) Automatic Document Creation
    5) Charting
    6) Defect Attachments
    7) Enhanced Help System
    8)Preferences

Some enhancements have already been implemented! The most notable being the fresh, new layout. Don't just take my word for it. Look at what some of their clients had to say about the recent changes:

"I love the new layout!"
    -Shawn Mckenna, AnalyticSolutions.com

"We've been using the site for a couple of
    weeks now and I'd like to say the new
    layout is GREAT! Much easier to navigate!"
    -Wade Williams, MyOptionValue.com

With no per user costs, a great support team, and so many great things to come, you can't go wrong with this product. For more information, please visit www.DefectTracker.com."