Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

multicast and broadcast capability

Does anyone know how to reliably get multiple VMs on the same subnet within a commercially available cloud? I can get a handful of servers on the same subnet with EC2, but when scaling up it is rather hit and miss depending on the time of day. I am using Amazon EC2, but am not tied to that service.

I need the multicast culpability for a distributed load testing tool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: multicast and broadcast capability

Don't you love spell checkers?

> I need the multicast culpability for a distributed load testing tool.

should have been

> I need the multicast capability for a distributed load testing tool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: multicast and broadcast capability

You're going to have to work with amazon directly to see if you can have them all on the same subnet. Another possibility is setting up a VPN tunnel between all of your hosts using something like OPENVPN and then having that be your multicast bridge.

Or, as a nod to the open source nature of your tool set, you could rework the mechanism for control between the console and the agents to be point ot point socket based instead of broadcast based and then you could decouple your agents' network location from your console location by 15 hops without having to worry about the broadcast stuff.

A couple of other options.
    <ul type="square">[*]Other cloud providers (IBM, Microsoft, ...)[*]Other tool sets that are point-to-point socket based as opposed to multicast based[/list]

'Pulley
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Test system deploy on cloud

Hi,

I'm trying to evaluate options to test a web app/ mobile app with the WAS and sync servers deployed on cloud.

I do not want to use cloud to test (that is I DON'T want to do load or perf testing). But I want to functionally test the system deployed on cloud.

Can someone send me some automated tool options to do the same. I need a balance between the features and expense of the tool I use.

Thanks!

P.S: I would need to load &amp; Perf test the system at a later point in time.