We are using the current version of bugzilla and testopia and are happy with both. However, we've just noticed that we have a possible problem with the versioning of the testcases. Here is the scenario:
* Someone writes tests against version 1.0 of a product
* Runs are created with these testcases and those runs executed
* As relevant, bugs are filed and the appropriate testcase reference is provided in the bug description.
* Time passes....
* We are now on version 2.0 of the product and some bugs from version 1.0 are still outstanding.
* If we edit our existing testcases to correspond version 2.0, the 1.0 bugs will point to testcases will have the wrong steps, etc.
I am hoping that there is a bulk way to clone a bunch of testcases or something like that so that we can maintain the old testcases that refer to version 1.0 and have new testcases for version 2.0 without completely starting over (there is plenty that could be reused from the 1.0 tests).
Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this?
Thanks in advance,
Chris R Mead
The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer's view in any way.