Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Difference between running a script and a suite

Hello everyone,
    I am a new user (and this is my first post) and I hope you can help. I have run into an issue when I run a project suite with one script. It works when I run the script by itself. However, when I run the project suite with only that one script it fails with a process not found error and a remark of Name=Integra, Index = -1. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Difference between running a script and a suit

Hi Jeff,

In your script, are you attempting to do something with a process named "Integra"? That error usually only appears when you are trying to reference a process that doesn't yet exist.

If you attempt to instantiate a process, and then immediately attempt to use that process in the next line of code, it will sometimes fail (how often it will fail is hard to predict. It might fail always or only some of the time). The problem is that it usually takes longer to fully-instantiate a process than it does for the scripting engine to move to the next line of code.

You can minimize the chance of this happening by using one of the "Wait" commands (in your case "WaitProcess"). Take a look at the TestComplete help file and do a search for "WaitProcess". It will show you the syntax of the command and how to use it.

Regards,
    Nat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Nat,
    Thanks for the quick response. I tried the Sys.WaitProcess command and that didn't seem to work. Actually I think it did, but apparently the process TestedApps["Integra"]["Run"](); doesn't seem to work. It works for all my other scripts. This particular script also works when run in script mode, this problem only crops up when running as a suite. What could be the difference, or where should i look to investigate similar scripts that do work? The code is exactly the same except for the name of the function.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hello all,
    I realized that when I was putting in breakpoints and it did not even enter certain functions something else was happening. I had another set of eyes look at my suite script. It turns out that my problem was the 'Element to be run' was entering into the script using something other than 'Main'. After changing that it worked fine. Thanks to all that helped or investigated for me.
    Thanks all,
    Jeff