Not enough storage is available ?? Any idea

Hi All,
    We are still using TestComplete 4.22,it was working fine as such but recently i am getting this error on a continuous bases "Not enough storage is available to process this command".
    As soon as i run any script,for the second run i am getting this error ....testcomplete freezes...anybody faced this issue..i tried reinstalling TestComplete again...but in vain.....

Test 2 Break!!!!

Re: Not enough storage is available ?? Any idea

Hello Tahir,

I recommend that you try upgrading the product to version 4.32 (Help | Check for Updates) and see whether the problem persists.

If it does, please send us some additional information about the problem:
    - What programming language is your tested application written in?
    - Do you compare images in your test or post images to the log?
    - What is the memory usage of TestComplete and of your tested application when the problem occurs?
    - What is the hardware configuration of your testing machine?
    Alex - SmartBear Support

This one just hit me the other day. It was working perfectly for a long time. I am using version 6.53 in Vista. I had everything going, then all of a sudden I get this error without warning. I wasn't doing anything different. The only thing I can think of that changed was the our administrator had to do something to one of the servers but this error has nothing to do with that server since everything is local to my machine. Every time I try to open ANY script I get this message...

An exception occured within the TtcEditManager handler of the TtcProjectEventDispatcher event:
    Not enough storage is available to process this command

Again, I had been running these scripts for a very long time without any problem, then suddenly this popped up the next time I tried to open a script. After that nothing would open up at all without this error.

The program language the tested program is written in is C#, I am using JScript in the scripts. I am connected to VisualStudio 8 TFS for source control.

Here is information about my computer:
    Intel Core2 Quad CPR Q6700 @ 2.66GHz 2.67GHz
    Memory: 4.00 GB

I must go for now we just lost power, I will get back to you with more information if you need it...

Thanks in advance,

Does a simple restart of TestComplete fix this problem ? Or does it persist (ie., your test suite is permanently unusable now). I've had this occur once with TC6, and simply closing and restarting TestComplete fixed it. I haven't seen it happen for many months now.

I wasn't a restart that fixed it, I think it was related to what my network guy was doing. When the power came back on and everything rebooted, it worked fine. Before I posted, I had restarted the computer many times and it still didn't fix it. It might have been a setting somewhere in the TFS configuration, since that is the only reason I would need the network in the first place.

Actually, I know exactly what it was. I was using the Visualizer for the first time and didn't realize that the pictures it takes is attached to the script uses it. After several runs, this can generate thousands of pictures (all of them .bmp's!). This is what caused the 'Not enough storage...' error. The scripts that I am running are quite large and some are run more often than others. I just turned the visualizer off and erased the pictures that were associated with the scripts. I only use it for troubleshooting purposes anyway.

Hi Elecktricman,

Please note that you can set the images' format to PNG as it is described in the "Engines - General Options" help topic. In this case, the images will occupy significantly less disk space.
    Allen - SmartBear Support

I did that now, it just didn't dawn on me that these pics were .bmp's! Thanks for the advice! But at least I know where I can look if it happens again.