Accessing windows directly is breaking app
The application I'm testing is currently closed and the only objects I can access are QWidgets. If I click on (or use the shortcut for) one of these Qwidgets, the application will have an error after a few screens. Low level scripts work fine, but are impractical for this application at the moment.
I won't have access to an open version of the app anytime soon, so I'm wondering if anyone has experienced something similar and what might be going wrong?
Re: Accessing windows directly is breaking app
To help us investigate the problem, please follow the steps below:
1. Download the free trial version of AQtime 5, which is our profiling tool, from our web site (http://www.automatedqa.com/downloads/aqtime/index.asp) and install it.
2. Start AQtime.
3. Select the File | New Project From Module... main menu item.
4. In the Open File dialog, select your application's executable file and click Open.
5. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box. Open it and select the "Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler" item.
6. Select the "Options | Options..." main menu command - the Options dialog will appear.
7. Set the "Profiling Time | Event View | General | Exceptions | Depth shown" setting to 100 and click OK.
8. Click the Run toolbar button (the green arrow) or press F5 to start profiling.
9. AQtime will start your application and trace all exceptions that will occur in the application until it is closed.
10. Reproduce the problem.
11. After the problem occurs, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it's open by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select the 'Save All...' item.
12. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file and send the file at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, please zip your entire project suite folder along with the failed test execution logs and send the archive at email@example.com.
Thanks in advance.