| || |
TestComplete Closing Unexpectedly
I've been having a problem recently were I run TestComplete overnight and when I check on automation in the morning TestComplete isn't running (it has been closed, not just stopped). There is no error up and nothing has been logged that I have found. Has anyone else had this happen, or have any ideas about how to narrow this problem down? This is with TestComplete 5.
Re: TestComplete Closing Unexpectedly
Please try to debug TestComplete using a free trial version of AQtime (it's our performance profiling and memory debugging tool). To do this, download AQtime from the following web page and install it on your machine:
After that, please follow the steps below:
- Run AQtime and create a new project by using the TestComplete.exe file (File | New Project From Module);
- In the toolbar's combo box, select the Exception Trace profiler;
- Find the Event View panel (its tab can be found at the bottom of AQtime's window), invoke its context menu and select Options. In the Event View Panel Options window, set the "Depth shown" option to 100. Close the window.
- Click the Run button to launch TestComplete from AQtime. After the tool is launched, try to reproduce the problem.
- Once the problem is reproduced, save the contents of AQtime's Event View panel to a file (by selecting Save All from the context menu) and send me the resulting file.
BTW, it is possible to automate launching TestComplete under AQtime. For this purpose, please specify the needed TestComplete parameters (for example "C:\Test\YourTestProject.mds" /r) in AQtime's Run Parameters window. To get to the window, select Run | Parameters from the tool's main menu. AQtime can also be controlled through the command line. For example:
"C:\Work\Automated QA\AQtime\Bin\AQtime.exe" C:\TestComplete_exe.aqt /r
Please do not use the /e (or /exit) parameter for AQtime: In order to be able to save the data of its Event View panel, you need to leave the tool open.