Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to run the scripst on scheduled time and day?

Hi,

I am new user of TC and this is my first attempt to automation testing
    I have created a Login Script and a New Sales Order Script

I want to schedule these two script one by one on a particular time of the day Or say I want to schedule them on the next day at particular time

Is there any facility where I can do this? If yes how to do it and if no what is the other options ?
    Please help

Thank you,
    Mehz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to run the scripst on scheduled time and day?

Hi Mehz,

Please see the "Scheduling TestComplete Runs" help topic to learn how to do this.
    Best regards,
    David - SmartBear Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to run the scripst on scheduled time and d

Have you explored the possibilities of using windows scheduler for executing scripts using command line?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried exploring "Scheduling TestComplete Runs" help topic and set scheduling time from "control panel" by giving path of Test Script with Test Script name and extension and time but it always comes up with "Status - Could not start"

I am not able to locate the reason why could not start

Plz let me know where am I doing wrong

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Mehz,

First Check whether you are able to run the TestComplete from the Commandline or not? You can do that easily if you have TestExecute on your machine.

You should search for the Commandline execution in the Help file this will give you the correct syntax for commandline execution.
    Then you can put them in a batch file and schedule that file for execution.

Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Geek,

Thanks for your quick reply.
    I tried to follow "Scheduling TestComplete Runs" help topic
    Go to Control Panel > Schedule Test >

And create new schedule test for the Test Complete to run the script. But no result

What I get from your suggestion is
    I have to create a batch file with command line to execute my two scripts (which i want to schedule one after another)

And to run this batch file.... M I right or it says something else?? Please let me know

It this is correct then also my question remains as it is how to schedule the batch file run?

Mehz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Mehz,

There are two ways to schedule several tests. You will need either to create a batch file or use test items to make TestComplete run several tests in a row.
    Please see the "Creating Tests" help topic to learn how to create test items. To learn how to specify TestComplete command line parameters, please see the "TestComplete Command Line" help topic.

BTW, if you choose to use test items, you will not have to create a batch file when creating a task, because you can specify the command line parameters in the dialog containing advanced task properties.

If you are having problems with scheduling TestComplete runs, please post here the command line you use to run your TestComplete tests.
    Regards,
    Alex - SmartBear Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Alex,

I tried understanding "Creating Test" help topic and follow the instruction as follows to create "Test Item"

Right click on project name > Click on Edit > Test Item

Which I found from the help topic "Specifying Execution Order for Tests"

Now once "Test Item" is created specifying list of Test Script in order. How to run this test item ??I got stuck how to do it??

Moreover i tried creating batch file and passing these command line argument

START C:\Program Files\Automated QA\TestComplete 4\Bin\TestComplete.exe

START C:\Test Complete Mez\ProjectSuite-Mez.pjs\Project-Configuration_eDevix\Project-NewOrder_eDevix.mds\Script\LoginScript.svb

and other test script name same as step(2)but this is not working when i run the batch file..

Please guide me what next to do

Thanks,
    Mehz

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Mehz,

[ QUOTE ]
    How to run this test item ??

[/ QUOTE ]When a project is launched, TestComplete runs the enabled test items. Also, you can launch a test item by right-clicking its name and selecting the "Run Focused Item" context menu item.

[ QUOTE ]
    Moreover i tried creating batch file

[/ QUOTE ]
    Please see the "TestComplete Command Line" help topic for information on using TestComplete from the command line.

For example, the following command line makes TestComplete open the MySuite project suite and launch the MyProj project:

"C:\Work\Automated QA\TestComplete\Bin\TestComplete.exe" "C:\Work\Automated QA\TestComplete\Projects\My\MySuite.pjs" /r /p:MyProj
    Best regards,
    David - SmartBear Support

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi David,

Thanks for the details still not working

1) Launching project - when i open my Test complete it should run the enabled Test item (containing 3 scripts in order)

But it never runs my test item

2) I did right clicked and run focused item which runs only selected item but I want my all three test scripts to run one after another without any interruption...how can this be possible?

3) For command line I read this topic and it only opens up Test Complete successfully when i run my batch file

It does not open and run the test scripts [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Please help

Mehz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast