Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Get caption from a child window

Hi All...
    I am newbie to test complete. Am kinda stuck with trying get and verify the caption of a child pop up window. does any one know how i could achieve this?

My stand alone app scenerio:

Win1>click ok > win2(pop up) ---> need to grap the caption of this win.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Get caption from a child window

Without having access to your product, I would suggest trying two things.

1. At the point where the pop-up is showing, looking in the Object Browser for that window, and viewing the elements to see if any match the caption you are looking for.

2. During the recording, do a click-and-drag of the mouse as if you were highlighting the test you want for a copy. Then, review the script to see what field it believes the drag occurred on.

If neither of these work, then you will need to make sure your product is compiled for open access, and then you might have to rely on a Regoins.Compare to get the pixels to match rather than the text. For your sake hope it does not get to that point.

I hope this helps!
    Aaron Fager
    Software Test Engineer

If builders built buildings the way programmers wrote programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization.