Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Win 2003 trusted sites problem.

I'm testing web based software on Win 2003 OS. When I use ToURL statement add to trusted sites window pops up not allowing me to go any further unless I click on "Close" or "Add" button. If the window does not come up it means that it's been already added and script needs to continue and if the window does come up "Add" button needs to be clicked. I'm using the following code to check if the window exists:

Call w1.ToURL("http://" & server & "/isynergy/Login.asp")

If Sys.Process("iexplore").Window("#32770", "Internet Explorer", "*").Exists Then
    Call Sys.Process("iexplore").Window("#32770", "Internet Explorer").Window("Button", "&Add...").ClickButton
    End If

The problem is that the execution does not get to the check point it hangs at ToURL point and waits for the user to click "Add" or "Close". Does anyone have an idea how to automize that part.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Win 2003 trusted sites problem.

Hi Novosib,

You can use the CallObjectMethodAsync method of the Runner object to make the asynchronous call to the ToURL method. This should make the tool able to interact with the trusted sites window.
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> Call Runner.CallObjectMethodAsync(w1, &quot;ToURL&quot;, &quot;http://&quot; &amp; server &amp; &quot;/isynergy/Login.asp&quot</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">
    Regards,
    Bobby Edgar
    Olagoo.com
    Save on AutomatedQA Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I added this line to my script and it throws runtime error: "Object does not support this property or method: 'Runner.CallObjectMethodAsync'"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

HI Novosib,

This method has been added to TestComplete version 4.20. I think you have an older version of the tool. Please update TestComplete to the latest version 4.21 and let me know if the CallObjectMethodAsync method still does not work for you.
    Regards,
    Bobby Edgar
    Olagoo.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I have version 4.20. Could it be because I have Test Complete 3 compatability plugin enabled ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Novosib,

Yes, this might be the case.
    If you cannot disable the plug-in, I can suggest you using the following code to navigate to the desired page:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;"> Set p1 = Sys.Process(&quot;IEXPLORE&quot
    Set w1 = p1.Window(&quot;IEFrame&quot;, &quot;*&quot.Window(&quot;Shell DocObject View&quot.Window(&quot;Internet Explorer_Server&quot
    Call w1.Keys(&quot;^o&quot
    Call p1.Window(&quot;#32770&quot;, &quot;Open&quot.Window(&quot;ComboBoxEx32&quot.Window(&quot;ComboBox&quot.Window(&quot;Edit&quot.Keys(&quot;http://&quot; &amp; server &amp; &quot;/isynergy/Login.asp[Enter]&quot</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">
    Regards,
    Bobby Edgar
    Olagoo.com